Moving Around

Monday, August 9, 2010

Office/Spare Bedroom

Little by little I'm trying to show you each room as it gets completed. The office/guest room was the first room to get painted. The day I closed my dad got to work on painting, while mom and I began unpacking the rest of the condo. This was also the first room where we used the Behr Primer paint and also where we realized how much we loved this paint and how much time it saved. The previous tenant's daughter loved the color purple and when I say purple I mean purple, deep dark purple.
See below... it's hard to see the actual color but you can tell by how dark the picture is that the walls were extremely dark!!!









So after only one coat of paint my office/spare bedroom was complete. Well, actually it was almost complete, there was a lot of purple on the ceiling and base boards. So my wonderful father painted the ceiling, window ledge and base boards ultra white. Thanks Dad for all of your hard work... The room looks great!!! I still haven't found the exact chair that I want for the desk. (Desk lower left with the red lamp shade)









I really really like the look of the floating shelves!!! So on one of my many trips to Home Depot I picked up two floating shelves thinking I would use them in my living room and ended up hanging them in my office. I know that my dad painted this entire room... but I hung the shelves by myself, in case you were wondering. I am extremely handy and love to build and put things together.

So here's a closer look at the floating shelves....













No comments:

Post a Comment