Moving Around

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Living Room Gets Painted

When it came time to paint the spare bedroom/office I knew right away that I wanted to use the Forever Denim by Behr. But, when the time came to pick out the color for the living / dining room, I just could not decide. The picture on the left only shows 3 out of the 6 paint colors I had to choose from.


I think I hold the record for sample paints, I should ask the employees at Home Depot that work at the paint counter since I know them by their first names. Seriously I know their names. The last time I checked I had 10 different tiny containers of Behr Paint samples. All Primer paint I might add. If I haven't said it before... let me say it again it's the best paint ever. Thanks go out to Stephanie & Chris for turning me onto the primer paint. I'll never use anything else again, 1 coat and you're done. You might have to touch up a few spots, but it's better than painting the same wall multiple times!!!
After choosing Oat Straw for the living / dining area it was time to start painting. Luckily Stephanie was on hand to help me tape and paint. I'll let you in on a little secret of mine.. it always helps to gossip while working on DIY projects - It makes the time go by so much faster :)
The entryway into my house has vaulted ceilings and I don't have the proper equipment to be able to tape & paint this area as of right now, so I decided that I would buy the painting tape that's used to make the sharp crisp lines. It works!! It really works!!! See pic on the left.



So here's the final product... I hope you like it :) It's hard to see so I will take some more pics tonight so that you can see the color and the awesome job Stephanie and I did. Thanks Steph!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment