Moving Around

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Couch Finally Arrived!!!!! 3 1/2 Weeks Late



After months and months of waiting my couch finally arrived!!! No more sitting on chairs or laying on the floor :)

I ordered the couch on May 18th with an expected deliver date of 6 to 8 weeks. Ummmm more like 10 (almost 10 1/2 weeks) and I finally received the "Hello this is Art Van. We will be delivering your couch on Sunday, between the hours of 12:00 and 3:00 pm" call. When I heard the truck pull up, I got so excited I ran down the stairs to greet the delivery men at the door.
Well... after 5 long agonizing minutes later one of the delivery guys walks up to my front door with 2 pillows in his hands. This confused me because "hello" where was my couch and why were there only 2 pillows in his hand when I ordered 4? So I opened the door expecting to hear "Houston we have a problem" but to my relief he asked me to show him where I wanted the couch to go. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
So after I showed him the location he went back to his truck to get his co-worker to help him lift my couch up and over my staircase. Below is the first half of my stair case, they had to lift the couch up and over the wall on the right side.
So now I have more than one place to sit in my living area so I can finally have people over not have them sit on the floor or at the bar on the bar stools.
Please excuse the top picture, I was still trying to decided what color to paint the living room and those two round tables are a temporary fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment