Moving Around

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bedroom Furniture Makeover

For months I've been wanting to tackle my bedroom furniture.  A few years back my parents purchased the bedroom set that I wanted from Pier 1.  I love the furniture, but not so much the color, or shall I say lack there of color.  The furniture was/is pine and it had a light finish on it.  Here see for yourself...

















I love the style but it needed some serious help.  Plus with gray walls and my gray and white bedding, the pine color stuck out like a sore thumb.  I knew that I wanted to go with a white color, I just couldn't decide on the shade of white.  Originally I wanted to go with an antique white but against the bedding the antique white looked more like a yellow-white instead of what I was looking for.  Then I decided that I would go with a gray white.  So after many many many trips to the Behr website and many trips to Home Depot, I finally found the perfect color and it's almost the exact color of the white in my bedding.  Love it.

As you know I am in love with Behr's Ultra Primer & Paint in one!!!!  I don't think I will every use anything else.  Plus with the advice of the many blogs that I follow, everyone suggested that when painting wood, that Behr Ultra paint has the best results.  By trail and error many of these blogs have found that after 6 months they have had to repaint their pieces, because the paint that they used started to bubble and peel.

Here we go the first finished piece "The Night Stand"

1 comment:

  1. Nicee post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely hellful information particularly the last part :) I care for
    sch information a lot. I was seeking this particular information for a vedy long time.
    Thamk you and good luck.

    My blog post Furniture for Girls Bedroom

    ReplyDelete