Moving Around

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Coffee Filter Decor

Ok, so I'm sure you are reading the title of this post and wondering what in world I'm talking about.  Believe me when I first read about coffee filter decor my initial reaction was "no chance in hell I would decorate with coffee filters".  I mean come on, coffee filters are meant to filter my coffee not be hung up in my house.  Well I thought that until I saw the many different things that you can do with the filters.  I was most inspired by Emily at Jones Design Company.  She's one of the many blogs that I follow on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis.  Feel free to check out her tutorial/finally product and the rest of her wonderful blog at http://www.jonesdesigncompany.com/.  Search for "coffee filter foof". 

After falling in love with the project, I looked around the house to see what I had that I could cover in filters.  I found a round 4" styrofoam ball and decided that I would cover it with white filters instead of the brown filters.  So I pulled out the filters, my hot glue gun and the ball and got to work. 

This is a fun and easy project that you can work on while watching tv or chatting on the phone with your friends.  Once I was finished I cut some string and hung it up in the corner of my dining room...



1 comment: